Payroll & Accounting Specialist II
Join the team at The Independence Center named one of The Gazette’s Best Workplaces in 2020!
The Independence Center (The IC) is a Colorado Springs, CO nonprofit organization that provides traditional and self-directed home health care, independent living, and advocacy services for people with disabilities. The IC’s mission is to work with people with disabilities, their families, and the community to create independence so all may thrive.
The IC is simply a wonderful place to work! Our five Core Values drive our culture: Inclusiveness, Flexibility, Person First, Accountability, and Integrity. These core values guide how we interact with each other and conduct ourselves on the job.
What We Provide
The IC offers a supportive work environment, competitive pay, and great benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Employer-paid Life, D&D, and Disability
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 403(b) retirement plan
- Paid sick and vacation time
- Tuition reimbursement
Summary of Job Description
The Payroll & Accounting Specialist II is responsible for accurately compiling and processing employee payroll data, including earnings and deductions, following established practices and regulations. Assist with accounts receivable functions and day-to-day accounting activities of the IC.
This is a full-time position with a 40 hour per week schedule.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Two years of payroll experience.
- Two years of accounting experience
- Desire to work with people with disabilities.
- Desire to provide exceptional customer service and be a payroll educational resource.
- Knowledge of federal and state of Colorado payroll regulations and requirements
- Proficient with computers, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams, and Zoom.
- Demonstrates The Independence Center’s core values of Inclusiveness, Flexibility, Person First, Accountability, and Integrity, as well as its essential team virtues of Humble, Hungry, and Smart.
- Home Health industry payroll experience.
- Experience with Paylocity.
Pay Range: $18.00 -$22.00
Deadline to apply: 10/15/21
If you are qualified and wish to apply, please click here to apply.
You can see all our current open positions by visiting our career page. Click here to visit our career page.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Independence Center is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity. We prohibit unlawful discrimination against applicants or employees on the basis of age 40 and over, race including traits historically associated with race, such as hair texture and length, protective hairstyles, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, disability, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable state or local law.