***** RSVP Required*****
Approved for 1.5 RCH’s by the American Payroll Association
-Northern Colorado Payroll Association (NCPA) Virtual Educational Meeting-
The Business Meeting (NCPA members only) will start promptly at 4:30 p.m. with the
Presentation, including a Q & A session with the speaker
from 5:00 pm – 6:30 pm
2021 YEAR END with VICKI LAMBERT, CPP – The Payroll Advisor
This webinar concentrates on preparing the department for the end of the calendar tax year and the new year processing. Topics include reconciling, completing and submitting Form W-2 federal and state; update to annual changes from the IRS, SSA, DOL and on the state level; and best practices that will help make the year end and year beginning go smoother.
Preparing for year end should not begin in October or November as it may have in the past. Preparation should begin in January and be conducted throughout the calendar year. This is especially important now as the IRS is looking at year-end compliance issues. In this webinar we will give the latest best practices to help your payroll department transition from a year end crunch to a smooth and compliant year end process. We will discuss how check lists can help keep you on track to ensure all tasks are completed. How a simple two-page memo can prevent dozens of employee questions. We will cover how your duplicate Form W-2 request form and procedures should be set up and in place in advance of issuing the forms and how it will assist you when processing those requests in the upcoming year.
Information covered in the presentation:
- Latest update on the Form W-4 for 2022!
- We will also cover any late-breaking legislation/regulation changes—including COVID-19 reporting changes to Form W-2
- Reconciliation of Form W-2 to Form 941 and why it must be done
- Update on year beginning annual changes for social security wage base, fringe benefit limitations, federal per diem allowance, standard mileage rate, qualified transportation fringe benefits, and more.
- How to use the required year end notice to update your employees for the coming year
- Best practices on organizing the payroll department for year end including action item check lists for Form W-2, Year end and Year beginning to ensure a smooth process
- How to handle duplicate requests for Form W-2 including charging fees
- Status review of Publication 1494 for 2022
- Changes to Form W-2 for 2021
- Best practices for gathering, calculating and reconciling W-2 data all year long as is now expected by the IRS
- Taxation of fringe benefits for year end including awards and prizes, personal use of company cars and gift certificates
- Latest update on white collar exemptions
- Electronic delivery of W-2s to employees
- When to use the Form W-2c and when to correct the W-2 itself
- State regulatory changes affecting payroll including SUI wage bases, minimum wage increases and more
- Review of EFW-2 record changes for tax year 2021
- Verifying employee names and SSN’s
- Review of filing deadlines
- Third Party Sick Pay reporting
Who will Benefit:
- Payroll Executives/ Managers/ Administrators/ Professionals/ Practitioners/ Entry Level Personnel
- Human Resources Executives/ Managers/Administrators
- Accounting Personnel
- Business Owners/ Executive Officers/ Operations and Departmental Managers
- Attorneys/ Legal Professionals
- Any individual or entity that must deal with the complexities and requirements of Payroll compliance issues for Year End closing and preparing for the upcoming year.
Vicki M. Lambert, CPP, is President and Academic Director of The Payroll Advisor™, a firm specializing in payroll education and training. The company’s website www.thepayrolladvisor.com offers a payroll news service which keeps payroll professionals up-to-date on the latest rules and regulations.
With nearly 40 years of hands-on experience in all facets of payroll functions as well as over three decades as a trainer and author, Ms. Lambert has become the most sought-after and respected voice in the practice and management of payroll issues. She has conducted open market training seminars on payroll issues across the United States that have been attended by executives and professionals from some of the most prestigious firms in business today.
A pioneer in electronic and online education, Ms. Lambert produces and presents payroll related audio seminars, webinars and webcasts for clients, APA chapters and business groups throughout the country. Ms. Lambert is an adjunct faculty member at Brandman University in Southern California and is instructor for the American Payroll Association’s “PayTrain” online program offered by Brandman University.
NCPA Member or Any APA Affiliated Chapter Member cost is $25 and Non-member cost is $35
Non-members, please RSVP to email@example.com and include the email address you wish to have the invoice and ZOOM meeting invitation sent to.
In our monthly chapter meetings we strive to provide you with the most current information possible. During our country’s national emergency, it is even more critical that Payroll and HR compliance issues are addressed. The speakers that we invite to present are experts in their field. They come equipped with the most up-to-date legislative, Payroll, and/or HR-related information to help make your position efficient and precise!