As the world recovers from COVID-19, federal and CO employment law continues to change. This session will cover:
- *The expectation of more aggressive agency enforcement under the new Administration
- *Federal rules and interpretations that have changed concerning independent contractors and those that are expected to change
- *Important federal legislation and case law
- *Rundown of relevant outcomes for employers from the recently adjourned Colorado legislative session
- *CO Supreme Court’s Nieto decision on whether employers can have agreements requiring employees to forfeit earned vacation
- *Expected changes in CO due to the winding down of the public health emergency
Tina Harkness, Esq., SPHR, SHRM-CP Recipient of the 2020 NCPA Friend of the Chapter Award!
NCPA is thrilled to have Tina back to present for us on July 23rd! Tina is an employment law attorney and the Director of Employers Council’s Northern Regional Office in Loveland, Colorado. She represents employers in a wide variety of employment law matters. Tina is a frequent speaker and facilitator of training on topics including legal issues in managing employees, harassment prevention, civil rights, managing employee medical issues, diversity, and other subjects.
*****Virtual ZOOM Meeting – RSVP Required*****
Approved for 1 RCH by the American Payroll Association
-Northern Colorado Payroll Association (NCPA) Virtual Educational Meeting-
The Business Meeting (NCPA members only) will start promptly at 11:30 a.m. with the Presentation, including a Q & A session with the speaker, from 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm
The cost of your first NCPA chapter meeting is only $10! ~~~~ NCPA Member or Any APA Affiliated Chapter Member cost is $20 and Non-member cost is $30
*****Non-members, please RSVP to email@example.com and include the email address you wish to have the invoice and ZOOM meeting invitation sent to.
In our monthly chapter meetings we strive to provide you with the most current information possible. During our country’s national emergency, it is even more critical that Payroll and HR compliance issues are addressed. The speakers that we invite to present are experts in their field. They come equipped with the most up-to-date legislative, Payroll, and/or HR-related information to help make your position efficient and precise!